Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Student Commons Life: Algebra, Bluegrass, Chili, and Essays

Its Wednesday dear blog land and I have a horrid hour and a half delay between classes. I shouldn’t complain about it. This is my curse to deal with because I hesitated about going back to school and started to take a full time job on top of classes. I was working for a temp agency prior to classes starting and they got me thinking I should work instead of go to school. It was a terrifying moment of indecision. I decided to try and do both, so I switched all my courses to evening schedule. It would have been a tight fit, especially with Eric also in class during the evenings.  After all was said and done, I got sick over the holidays. It was the excuse my agency needed to cut me loose from a great contract, so I decided that they did not need me anymore. I switched my classes back to days as best I could and that resulted in this gap of time I am now using to tell you about life in general, school life in specifics.
Wednesday is an interesting day on the TCC campus. Its midweek, so students are perking up as they look towards the weekend. It seems that Wednesday is the celebration day here in the “Commons” and here soon there will be free Chili and some Bluegrass tunes being played. Bluegrass is not everyone’s favorite music, but I happen to really enjoy it. Thankfully my schedule will allow me to be here as the band starts to play. Shortly after the jam session gets going, I will have to head to class to work on a group essay. (Major Sad Face)
Let me tell you why I say (SAD FACE) to the idea of a group essay. This time around it’s not horribly bad. Most of the time, however, a group project will lead to the person or persons who work hard, doing all the work. This makes me sad because I tend to be the one who “volunteers” to be leader and will ultimately get the slap in the face when something falls apart. The upside to this group is I have Kristine working with me and she is fantastic! We have lots in common and she was my first friend I made here on campus. She is talented, funny, amazing and can be textually verbose! The rest of my five person group is guys, so it’s also nice to have another gal working with me. Now don’t misunderstand me, the guys are great! I believe Juan will go far just because he works so hard to overcome the obstacle of ESL (English as Second Language). Despite the rigorous workload of Honors Composition, I believe he will pull thru. James and Tony seem to know what they are doing well enough. I have no worries this time around about my group. The upside is for my English class, this is my ONLY group project!
Well I guess that about empties my brain for the moment, so I’ll sign off for now. Have a fantastic day Blog land!
~Nina

1 comment:

  1. Don't sweat the slackers, they can be weeded out. Having a break between classes can be great. Knock out the homework before you get home, or just get the most out of those student activities fees you are paying every semester. I liked being able to work out between classes. See if there are any clubs or recurring activities that meet in that timeframe that interest you.

    ReplyDelete